Monday, April 20, 2009

Online Spring Quilt Festival

On another blog, parkcitygirl, the blogger is hosting a virtual quilt festival. She called for people to post a picture and a blog about a favorite quilt. I think I will be #399 to add a blog. Wow. I had a hard time picking one quilt -- quilts are kind of like your children after you pour your blood, sweat, and tears into them, how can you have a favorite? I decided to post this one that I named Paintbox, because I had such fun making it. The picture doesn't show the colors particulary well, but on my Flickr pictures, it shows up much better. The quilt is all batiks that I bought last year in Denver. I cut the pieces in the hotel room and hand pieced all of the individual blocks. Then I went to the Great American Quilt Factory in Denver, and a very knowedgable (and extremely patient) salesperson helped me pick the sashing and backing. I sewed the patches and sashing by machine and then machine quilted it. It now hangs on the railing of my balcony, and I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment