Monday, September 22, 2008

Finally Fall

It's fall, and fall is so wonderful here. It is warm and less humid, and it is finally nice to be outdoors. Allen and I went to the Art Show on Monte Sano on Saturday morning. The acorns took us about five minutes to collect when we were on our way to the car. The green and yellow and brown are beautiful. Nature is art.
We splurged and bought one piece of pottery from Guadalupe Robinson, a Huntsville artist. We have always enjoyed her work, but we've never felt we could afford it before. This small bowl with beans is just our first piece from her, we hope. She had a fish bowl we liked as well, and there were some much larger pieces we drooled over. Next time.Last weekend, I saw the flower arrangers use this sugar mold as a set of vases. A bunch of flowers from Target, and I am up there with the pros. Right.
Louie, Louie, Louie, Louie. I see you looking at me, plotting your next heist. He has decided that newspapers are fun to steal and run with. I am starting to believe that the best way to handle the thievery is to ignore it. He hates that. Folding my arms and turning my back makes him upset. Poor fellow, Louie has had a bit of a skin infection this week on his neck, so he is all natural - no collar except for his walks. It's nice to take him out in the autumn sun, and he can't steal much (except mushrooms) when he's on a leash.

No comments:

Post a Comment