Monday, January 12, 2009

January Projects

Isn't this guy wonderful? Shannon finished this tea towel embroidery for me, and he has come home to live in my kitchen. The design is her original idea. It reminds me of some of her paper and pen doodles. She said she almost didn't bother finishing it because of all of the little errors. Sorry, Shannon, but I don't see what you see. This is my new hand sewing project. I cut the circles out and then baste the edges so that I can draw them up around a sheet of heat resistant mylar, iron the edges under, pull out the mylar, and then hand applique them on the squares. I have seen a variety of quilts made with circles, but I am not really using any particular pattern for this. When I'm finished with all of the patches, then I'll machine sew them together. I have an idea for a border, but it will be a while before I get there.Here's my stack of squares and a couple of the circles ready to be appliqued on. I think it will probably end up being 14 x 16 patches per row, a sizable quilt by time I add on a border. Road trip required to purchase the backing, but not for a few weeks.

Louie is happy to have both of us home this week. For all of his mischievousness, he really is a good dog. His best trick is to run to bed on command. He thinks he knows when to go to bed without even being told. Yesterday, we were putting on jackets and rounding up the car keys on our way to lunch, so he took himself to bed and waited happily for us to close the door. Sweet pug.

No comments:

Post a Comment