Thursday, November 12, 2009

Getting Ready for Ozzie

After school, I zipped home to be here in time for the plumber who was scheduled for any time after 3:30. When someone knocked on the door at 4, I assumed it was the plumber, but no, it was FedEx. Oh wow! I ordered this a good while ago from , but it was on backorder. A Gees Bend inspired quilt by Windham Fabrics. It came in its own muslin bag tied with fat string. It's kind of like Christmas.Inside, look at the wonderful hand dyed fabric. This will be just such fun to do. Now I just need my fabric for the block of the month quilt, fabric I needed last month for October's work. Maybe soon.

I was totally impressed that the plumber from Lowes, Benny, reinstalled our microwave even though it wasn't on our work ticket. Allen had talked to Installed Sales about it, but it didn't make it to the work order. Even so, after a day at work and after finishing the plumbing on the sink and dishwasher, he installed it without a complaint. I recall how when we first got married and microwaves were new on the market, we couldn't quite imagine what we would use it for. Silly us.
At last, water and a new dishwasher. We got a Bosch. The plumber says it is exactly what he has for his house too. That seems like a good thing. I didn't sleep well last night, so after he left, I am just useless, so I haven't run a load of dishes yet. Who would think doing dishes would be such an exciting prospect. Now for the sorting and putting away and throwing away and giving away. We need to be efficient and pretty speedy to be ready for Sunday. Why? We get to go pick up Ozzie!

1 comment:

  1. Anne at Film and ThreadNovember 13, 2009 at 4:52 AM

    Your kitchen looks beautiful!

    I can't wait to see pictures of Ozzie! Your house will feel full of life and joy with your new puppy!

    ReplyDelete