Thursday, January 7, 2010

BCS Game Tonight

Another big snow in Huntsville. Schools closed at 11:30 today, and of course, I made it all the way home in just about two minutes. However, as innocent as this looks, as I am writing this, roads are slick, and quite a few major thoroughfares are dangerous and icy or closed altogether. For a while this afternoon, we had several cars stuck in front of our house - couldn't go up the hill, couldn't go down. And so the result is no school again tomorrow, and a stay-home evening instead of going to Shannon's to watch the Alabama -Texas BCS game.
Here's Ozzie's big snowball adventure. The big problem is that he likes being out in the snow so much that he forgets what he's supposed to be doing. He is not much of a walker. He likes to go out and generally does what he is supposed to do, but then when he gets tired, he sits down or refuses to move. But snow, now that he enjoys.
Meanwhile, this week I have been working on a little hand-sewn quilt. I am in the process of quilting it now.
This is a from a Windham kit that I bought, and it is a Gees Bend quilt pattern. I totally enjoyed putting it together quickly. It was kind of like a puzzle getting the pieces I cut according to the directions to fit into the right place. I will have to think about what to do for the backing and how to quilt it. Although Ozzie likes the snow, now he is sitting on the couch just waiting for kickoff tonight. Roooooll Tide, Roll!

2 comments:

  1. Anne at Film and ThreadJanuary 8, 2010 at 6:52 AM

    Roll Tide! Last night's game made me MUCH too nervous! But at least we won!

    Now we have to figure out how to get a carload of girls back to Tuscaloosa with the roads icy. We may have to drive them part way since these Alabama girls aren't used to icy roads.

    That Gee's Bend quilt is fantastic. I love the colors of it and the style of their quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the mini handquilted one all finished. We were all very said you guys weren't here last night; everyone kept asking after both of you.

    ReplyDelete