Sunday, January 10, 2010

New project

Cold and icy outside, cozy in my sewing room. I started a new quilt this weekend. It's a pattern from the most recent Quilt magazine. I have component parts for four blocks made so far...
out of twenty-five blocks altogether. I usually make scrappy quilts. This one has all batik fabrics I've got left over from other quilts except for just a few and the white batik background. I only have off-white and beige-y leftovers, but I wanted the bright colors to pop against a white background. Not usually my style, but I thought it would look just right this time.
The pattern for the block looks like this, but I plan to mix up the colors, not all one color in a block. We'll see when I am farther along. It was just plain fun to sit in my sunny room and make such quick progress. I will not enjoy a make-up day for Friday, but I loved this unexpected 3 1/2 day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment