Friday, March 18, 2011

From the sewing room



Week 11 Civil War block - London Square



Civil War Block 10 - Lincoln's Platform



Just a little bit of sunshine - a crib sized quilt for Georgia Mae, due April 25.  Shannon wanted me to make a quilt big enough for a baby and Mama to wrap up in - snuggle time in "The Chair." The top for that quilt is finished, but there was a pile of triangles left from cutting the corners on geese blocks, and I knew I had to use them. I sewed them together, laid them out in rows, put the rows together, bought some fabric for the borders and backing, and viola, a crib quilt.



I am lazy. I do not always add labels, but for my granddaughter....



And Ozzie, helping me update my blog.  Ozzie, how many weeks until Spring Break? Too many!

2 comments:

  1. What a great little quilt from the scraps of another... matching but not!!! Labels are a pain... so I print mine! so much easier and there is a spell checker... which I find I need more and more.

    Hang in there the break is coming... it won't be long enough, but make good use of what you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that quilt for Georgia is just an extra, I can't wait to see the other one. Just beautiful and so nice that it is ready and waiting in case she comes early. Now that we are home from Spring Break, maybe your sewing will inspire me to get going!

    ReplyDelete