Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Surprise!



We thought we had an April baby on the way, but Georgia Mae made her surprise appearance this afternoon. She weighs 5 lb. 8 oz, and she is 19 inches long. if I have my facts right. She is in the neonatal intensive care unit for now because she is five weeks early. Her lungs are not quite developed, so while she is breathing on her own, she is working hard to breathe. However, she seems to be healthy, and we are all hoping things continue to go well  as expected. We each got to go see her for just a couple of minutes, so I snapped one and only one picture. Nathan has more pictures.   Shannon got to hold her right after she was born, and they let her see Georgia as a stop on the way to her own room.  Shannon is doing well, and we visited with her for just a bit before coming home. What a day!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby! I hope mom and baby continue to do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... what a surprise! I am soooo glad to hear she is doing well so far. Penny texted me the news so I thought I would check the blogs to see if anything was posted and it was! YEA!!! I just love that head full of hair! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for all of you, and what a surprise! Those full moons will get you for sure! Glad to hear Georgia and Shannon are doing well and I will keep both of them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean,

    what a lovely surprise. Congratulations to you all!! Baby Georgia is beautiful. It was the full moon for sure....

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just beautiful! Congratulations to you and Shannon. It's a good thing she didn't wait until the last minute to get the nursery pulled together. We will be praying she gets out of the NICU soon. How lucky you are to have your grandsons and now a beautiful little granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!!! What an awesome surprise. Can't wait to meet Georgia Mae in person. Keep us informed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious, precious, precious!!! Congrats to the grandparents. Give my love to the new parents. I look forward to meeting Georgia Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is PRECIOUS and Shannon was right...she has LOTS of hair!!!..What a beautiful surprise on the first full day of Spring!!!!!....Can't wait to hold that sweet lil girl!!!!!...Congrats to all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanda Johnson (FabricButcher)March 21, 2011 at 8:31 PM

    Hooray for Georgia Mae ! I am told girls are tougher and quicker to catch-up .
    Our Joshua is four years old on April 2. He came at 25 weeks and one day. He was a whopping 1lb, 11 ozs. I think the Lil Prince had three surgeries in three weeks. But he is a wild little boy and sooo sweet.
    Many blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats...my oldest was 6 weeks early and she had no problems. Usually these little ones get a little jaundiced but nothing to worry about. Woo Hoo!!! Love new grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete