Sunday, April 20, 2008

Waiting for Taplin's Birthday

Louie is such a people pug. He wants to be with his people every minute, that is as long as he is getting attention. He wants to be petted, talked to, played with, walked, admired, and adored all of the time. If he has a rawhide, he wants someone to hold it or at least have his paws (and slobber) on people hands. He is a hands-on pup. If you don't pay attention, then you get repaid with scratching and licking on couch pillows - or his favorite - stealing something and playing hard to get. He will enjoy staying with Shannon and Nathan and bugging them for attention while we go to Mobile.
Mr. Frog toy is not doing too well any more. Louie will have to pack different toys for his trip.
Meanwhile, Louie's people, aka Allen and Jean, are waiting for The Phone Call summoning us to Mobile for Taplin's big arrival. Meghan called us yesterday after a morning of labor pains, but they had subsided. No hospital trip yesterday. We're all ready to hit the road. Tomorrow is his actual due date, and Wednesday is the date set for inducing if he doesn't decide to appear before then.
This is the Christmas cactus in our bathroom. We've had it for years, but the only time I've seen it in bloom was when I bought it and brought it home. Yes, I know it is April, but it has suddenly decided to set buds. I imagine that it will most likely bloom the minute that we leave for a few days. It's going to be warm and sunny this week, so if that is what will open the flowers, it should happen in a day or two. I hope the blooms last so that we can see them.
A couple of years ago I was working on a counted cross stitch project while we were in Colorado. I discovered that I enjoyed traveling and being away from home much more if I have a handwork project to occupy down-time. Yesterday, I rooted through my stash and came up with an idea for a portable appliqué project using these red and black fabrics. If I have time before The Phone Call, I am going to cut some pieces, buy some black solid for the background, mark a grid, and try out my idea. I have several projects that I'm itching to get to, but they all require being home and in my sewing room. While Louie doesn't mind my hands being occupied sewing as long as he can sit close, he won't be going along to Mobile this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment