Sunday, August 3, 2008

I don't know why these pictures look fuzzy because they really aren't if you click on them to enlarge them or if you look at them on my Flickr pages.
In any event, I finished this vacation projects last night! I had such fun making this batik quilt. I hand pieced the blocks mostly while we were in Denver, and I found the green sashing material as well as the backing at the Great American Quilt Factory there. Then I machine quilted it to the best of my limited machine quilting ability, and I finished the binding last night. I am calling it Paintbox because it reminds of of a watercoloring box when the drips from one color spill into another. Right now it is hanging on the banister of our balcony.
Who is the handsome little fellow with my handsome son-in-law Nathan? Let me introduce Nathan's sister Michelle's baby Mac. He is just adorable.
I love hand pictures. Nathan and Mac are playing a duet. I don't think Mac had played on a piano before. He was a little shy at first, but he had fun with Nathan and Shannon pressing keys.
Oh Louie, you're being as tolerant as a pug can be, aren't you! Louie turned one in June, and Mac is about seven months old, born at Christmas time.Saturday was a horribly hot, muggy Alabama roaster of a day. The heat didn't keep it from being a busy day at the Farmer's Market. This is Peaches and Cream corn, just the best in my opinion. One dozen ears for $5 - a bargain this year.The pepper guy had a bounty of colorful vegetables. We bought poblano peppers (for stuffed peppers), some jalepeno peppers, and green peppers. The colors are vibrant, and the green banana peppers reminds me of my quilt. Besides the corn and peppers, we also picked up green beans, potatoes, watermelon, zucchini, onions. Support your local growers.

No comments:

Post a Comment