Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer Days (Blog #100)

This has to be one of the nicest weekends of the whole summer. Sunny skies, record low temps in the morning, low humidity -- almost doesn't seem like Huntsville. We started the weekend watching Clint Eastwoods's Gran Torino Friday night, and we both enjoyed that. Well, Louie did too. Nothing he likes better than to snooze on the couch while his people watch television. Saturday morning, we went out to breakfast and then loaded up on produce at the Farmer's market. I splurged with a bouquet of zinnias.
We bought corn, jalapena peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, and little purple onions, but not any of these gorgeous squash. In the afternoon, we popped in at Shannon's with Louie and let him run in the backyard. What a hoot. He was so excited and had such fun, but did that stop him from mischief when we got home? Ha. He and Allen both devoured a paperback yesterday. Allen read it cover to...well, I'd say cover, but Louie ate one of them.
Yesterday, I also finished my July Block of the Month. I seem to have a system and they went together pretty well. More than halfway finished!! I have learned so much from this project. I also finished reading Quilty as Charged: Undercover ina Material World. It is a collection of stories about quilters and their experiences. I really enjoyed it. On to a new book and new project. I'm sure Louie will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment