Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunny Sunday

I am finishing up the binding on the batik quilt, and I'll post pictures when I'm finished, but on to the next one. I saw this small quilt called Cheddar Cheese and Crackers and decided to give it a try. The piecing isn't too complicated, although I can really tell I've learned a thing or two in the last year. The trickiness comes from the positioning of the fabrics. The directions say "on your design board" and "be careful of the placement of the fabrics" but I guess I read right over those cautions until I was well into the project. What I thought would be an afternoon quick quilt is not quite that simple. I admit quilt addiction.
We took Mr. Ozzie out for a walk along the greenway after lunch today. Allen took him yesterday as well, and he says Oz was much calmer today. Calm? Running back and forth, unable to walk on the blacktop because he was so excited by every little smell, looking ridiculous with mouth full of grass. What a goof.
And look! Shadows on the ground. It was sunny in Huntsville! We have had gloom and gray for weeks on end. Today's 60 degree sunshine was spectacular. A little vitamin D never hurt anyone.
Home from the walk and relaxing in the family room - what a pug life! Sublime Sunday afternoon at the Etheridge home.

2 comments:

  1. Anne at Film and ThreadFebruary 22, 2010 at 5:32 AM

    You are making FAST progress on that quilt. It looks like a fun one to make.

    Wasn't the sun and warmth fantastic? We went hiking in the Land Trust and there were lots of people out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a cute little quilt! I know you're frustrated a bit, but I know I'm impressed... Love that last picture of Ozzie.

    ReplyDelete