Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!

All decorated, most of the shopping finished, and packages ready for the mail. All of that plus snow flurries today, too! It must be close to Christmas.



These wool snowmen were made from a pattern by Bird Brain Designs. There are seven of them hung on little bobbins and stung. They are hanging in a basket above our hall door to welcome visitors.



I have a pair of snowmen made from paper mache. My mom made them sometime probably in the early 1950's. The scarf is much newer, knitted by Shannon a couple of years ago.



This is upstairs on our little balcony. Meghan painted the tree for me last year, and Santa likes hanging out by the tree.



I decided I had to have a new tree in my sewing room The garland is measuring tape braid, and the ornaments are little wooden spools strung with beads and some old bobbins I had stashed in a drawer. The stocking on the right was my childhood stocking made of green and red felt with some sweet little ornaments My mom made one for me and one for my brother. Remember that, John?



This last photo is the new little wool tree skirt I made for my sewing room tree. The thimble sitting there was my mom's. I don't usually even use a thimble, but this one is well worn. The stockings are not yet hung, but they are ready.  This was a fun, relaxed weekend. It is cold here in Alabama, with the wind howling and flakes flying, but we are cozy inside with Ozzie the pug.



The table is ready to set for Christmas dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Cute little tree in the sewing room. How can you have a spare clear surface? I never do.... Love the table cloth... is it a quilt or a top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the dining room table looks with those Christmas balls!

    ReplyDelete