Friday, December 10, 2010

Guess I need to catch up



Whew! Busy, busy. Between school and house stuff and dog stuff and, well, life, the days zoom by. I will post in more detail, but this is one recent project that was lots of fun. I made this little table runner out of fabric that the Sew Beautiful Martha Pullen store is carrying. I had to have it ready before the Houston Quilt Market and the show. I suppose it was there. I wasn't. I hope that the pattern is usable. I have never written a pattern before. Of course, I write lesson plans all of the time, but a quilt pattern is different. Plus, I made the quilt and then went back and wrote the directions. I thought that I would write everything down as I went, but no, that did not happen. I am so new to free motion quilting that I know it could be more "artfully" quilted, but oh well, I did what I could. Anyway, here is the link to the PDF.

2 comments:

  1. Been wondering whats kept you away!!! but with the holidays and all...

    Great table runner. I should really make one... I just might have to make yours... right after I quilt the 6 or so projects... I have ready.

    I can see it done in a christmas print and red or green solids...

    Have a Happy Holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I love the fabric. How on earth did you manage to do that while still in the middle of teaching? Is the tutorial being published in Sew Beautiful?

    ReplyDelete