Saturday, December 11, 2010

New Christmas Tree Quilt



Here's another little project from the last month. For years, I have thought I should make a tree skirt for the four foot tree that sits on a table in our family room. I just never have gotten around to it. This year, I decided to make it happen. It is just nine patches in holiday colors, all repro fabrics I have on my fabric shelves in my sewing room. It wasn't a tree skirt pattern, so I just cut the quilt up the center and made a small circle to accommodate the tree trunk. Some binding, and it was finished.



I am slowly, so slowly improving my free motion quilting. Last weekend, we drove up to Knoxville on Sunday, and then Monday I completed the Machine Mastery classes at Gina's Bernina for my new Aurora 440QE. The last two lessons were on using the Bernina Stitch Regulator and using the machine to  attach embellishments to whatever. I had so much fun taking the series of six classes. We enjoyed dinner out at the Chophouse and a nice couple of days away from work.



This little tree has all small glass ornaments. I broke a few decorating this year, but I probably have a couple hundred little ones on the tree.



Ozzie? He's fine. He had a day at the vet yesterday for his annual checkup and shots. Not much seems to upset him. Well, maybe the Alabama loss to Auburn bothered him, but he had a fun time at our Ironbowl party anyway.  We had to buy a new living room rug, thanks to puppy-dom, and I guess a new couch will have to happen soon since he has customized ours with a couple of chewed holes. But we love him. We keep reminding him that Santa is watching -- he better be good!

4 comments:

  1. Great tree skirt! Funny how we think.... it has to be round.... Even then if one wanted the 9-Patch to be round, all one would have to do is round off the square corners... bind and done!

    and what would we do without the 4-legged critters in our lives? The misbehaving pup is due to poor parenting... I know just what you didn't want to hear, but one part of the equation has to be bad... and it isn't the DOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty skirt for your tree! You are making some fast progress on Christmas projects. Love seeing Ozzie in his Alabama outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of making a little quilt for the tree - it looks so cozy! I also have the BERNINA 440QE and absolute love it.

    Have you found the www.WeAllSew.com website yet? There's TONS of great sewing links to projects, tutorials, quilting links, and all new links posted each week. I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day I am so thrilled I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Aol
    for something else, Regardless I am here now and would
    just like to say cheers for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment
    but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete