Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finished!



I worked on this Civil War Block of the Week all last year. The directions were posted weekly by Barbara Brackman, and quilters all over the world followed along.  I really had fun collecting reproduction fabric and then digging through my stash to find the combination for the block that week. There were 53 Saturdays last year, so there are 53 blocks. When I laid it out, I found out that I only had 52. It took me a while to find which one I had somehow skipped. (It was the Indiana Puzzler block - top corner, second from the right). I have the fabric for the backing ready to go, but I am not going to attempt to quilt this one on my domestic Bernina. The quilt measures 96 inches square, and so I will send this out to my long arm quilter. I am pretty excited to have this all put together. On to the next project.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment