Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Roll Tide! Good News!

Last night I tried to add a new post, but for some reason, I could not get the pictures and spaces and typing to make any sense. It looked fine until I published the post, but then it was all confused with big spaces and odd spacing. I tried several times to fix it, but it just got worse. Try #2 tonight. We have biggger news than that tonight though. Our new (fourth) grandchild due June 1 is.... a BOY! Georgia will have a baby brother.

At least Alabama got try #2 right! We had a fun get together with Shannon and Nathan and friends on Monday night. Yesterday was a long day on short sleep, but it was fun watching them take the BCS championship  - decisively take it back! I made the Bama table quilt back in September, and we've had it out since then. Notice the hounds-tooth napkins?

I made the elephant tea towel with my Sizzix die and leftover fabric from the quilt.

Then there's the new needle-book I got for Christmas from Shannon. It has a new home in the sewing basket by the couch in the family room.

Here's the inside. I have found I really like Roxanne applique needles, among others. I never knew it mattered much what needle I used, but I guess I've changed my mind.

Did you know I have a fun collection of miniature elephants? There are little figurines, salt and pepper shakers, tiny tea pots, and my favorite, toothpick holder elephants. I don't buy them often unless they really catch my eye. Don't know why I like them, but they complement my bigger 1940-50s elephant planters.

I guess Alabama football is officially over for this year, but the first game for the next season is just around the corner in September.

Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment