Saturday, March 8, 2008

Not quite

The last time there was significant, measurable snowfall in Huntsville was apparently in 1993 when we had 7.3 inches. This is more like a half inch to an inch, and at our house, the streets were just damp. By noon, the sun was out and the snow was gone. Let's hope this is the last breath of winter. Ten days until official it's officially spring, but we're not quite there yet.

This is Louie on Friday evening. He was helping me finish Taplin's quilt. All I had to do was sew on the binding. That is good, because it's the middle of March, and Taplin's due date is April 21. Taplin may not be quite ready for this world, but I want to have his first quilt ready and waiting. Louie's my favorite sewing pal - that is, when he isn't eating the stealing the fabric.

Shannon and Nathan stopped by Friday evening and had a bowl of chili with us. Nathan may not be quite sure about Louie all the time (especially when Louie is at their house), but Louie and Nathan are good buddies when Louie is having a calm moment. Good luck with Louie next week!

Hey, now, that is my shoe! Louie is a grand thief. He steals every piece of underwear and every sock that he can. He loves my slippers and my smelly, old Merrells. This is just my black shoe that I usually wear to school, and it is not, I repeat not, your shoe, Louie. However, he will trade for a piece of food. Usually. He's just a puppy still, not quite a well-behaved dog.


Louie's newest trick is jumping up on the couch. He jumped up on the futon upstairs yesterday, and that is fine with me. Looking innocent and cute is fine with me. Having a nap or watching while I am on the computer is fine. Nuzzling under the pillows might be acceptable. Chewing on them and tossing them about, not quite so fine. He does look good surrounded by red and black though, doesn't he? Louie caused me some trouble this week, but then he is so sweet that I can't stay mad at him. He tripped me when we were walking Wednesday after school. I lost my balance, and then he took off running. I fell flat on my face and my left hand, which is now black and blue. However, when I let go of the leash which I had been holding, I yelled, "Louie, come," and he turned around and came to sit by me. Such a little pain. Such a sweet little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment