Saturday, March 1, 2008

Treasures

It's been a busy week for Mr. Louie. Allen has taken him on dozens of walks (and a few more walks with me), and as you can see, he has dragged home quite a few treasures. Every yard started the week with a white, rubber-banded flier. Louie would pick one up, walk several houses, and then trade for a different one. He only stole two -- the third started out at our house in the first place. One day, he found a strand of curly birthday package ribbon and carried it the entire block until he was almost home, but then a big stick caught his attention, so he exchanged the ribbon for the stick. It must be hard to choose what to carry when there are so many options. Today we took a drive to Goodletsville, Tennessee which is just north of Nashville. The batiks are part of my treasure from today. The mission was to check out yet another quilt store, The Quilters Attic. Walking through the store looking at their quilt display, especially upstairs, was like free admission to a quilt show. The saleswoman told me that all but a few of their quilts have been made by people who work there. I appreciate stores like this where the clerks are friendly as well as efficient and helpful. Sarah from school recommended this store, and I'm glad we checked it out.
These reds will be part of the bed-sized quilt I am going to start for Nathan and Shannon. I'm collecting reds and yellows for that one. I didn't buy as much as Allen expected, I don't think. It surely is hard to pick when they all are wonderful. My little fabric treasures are more expensive than Louie's (and I don't steal anything like he does), but I guess we aren't too different in gathering what we like, having a hard time choosing, and arranging and rearranging our prizes when we get them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment