Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Guy, Lots to Say

Bridger tickles me with all he has to say. Last night, he helped me water porch plants. When his container was out of water, he declared, "My can is eminee." This morning, he wanted to put a pillow on the floor, and he said, "I want to make a pallet for myself." How many two-year-olds say that!! He chatters all of the time. All of the time. Most of the time I can understand him perfectly. Sometimes it is a bit more challenging. Yesterday, he kept repeating that "Grandpa sares." I couldn't figure it out until he said, "Pooh sares my bed with me, and Grandpa sares with you." Geez. I should have known. He is pretty articulate. He says "Tooper" instead of Cooper and "tay" instead of okay, but he's made progress with other words like "Ooie" which is now really Louie. He is quite the polite fellow too. When I told him I was proud of him for going potty this morning all by himself, he said, "You're welcome." He frequently says, "Yeah," but he is working on "Yes, ma'am," and he always, always says "Please" and "Thank you." Last night, he recited the blessing for dinner without stumbling: "God is great, God is good. Let us thank him for our food. Amen."

A few frequent Bridger expressions:
  • I need some more juice.
  • Grandpa, where are you?
  • No, Louie. No. (Of course, we all say that!)
  • Where Mommy is?
  • There we go.
  • One day....and one day...and one day (He is quite the story-teller.)
  • And then what we going to do next?
  • What else?
  • Me efer.
  • Not yet.
  • Not today.
  • I want to do it. I can do it.
  • I don't like it. But I do.
  • Play with me.
  • No. I don't want to go. But I do.
  • Look at me. Watch me , Grandma.
  • Bow wow chicka bow wow
  • I want to do my ABCs. (at Starfall.com)
  • Ummmm. Probably.
  • But I don't want to go to bed. I'm not tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment