Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy me -- a trip to Franklin

Yesterday was the perfect day for a quick trip to Stitcher's Garden in Franklin. I was looking for sashing and background fabric for a jelly roll quilt I want to make. The pattern is by Joanna Figuora at Fig Tree Quilts. I saw her making this on The Quilt Show and decided I had to try it.
I looked for fabric here and couldn't find what I wanted last week.Nope, none of what you can see in this picture is what I bought for the jelly roll quilt, but I love it all. Love it. Makes me itch to get in my sewing room and start (another) new project. Last week when school was just plain stressful, I came home and headed straight to my room. Allen called up after a half hour, "Are you better?" And I was. Having my own things in my own space just like I left them...bliss.

Of course, we have to leave the door closed so that Louie doesn't rearrange anything. He stretches and strains to get whatever off of Allen's desk. Friday night, he got the remote for Allen's radio and managed to chew up the battery holder. He must have had the battery in his mouth too, but he spit it out. I found it all slobbery on the carpet. He did not get to go along to Franklin, but maybe today he can go to the pet store to get a new bag of chow. Then he can come sit with me, under supervision, and I can cut into my new fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment