Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's not all about Ozzie the Pug

Not everything is about Oz.



My daughter's job as Art Director at Sew Beautiful Magazine has practically made me famous. Well, maybe not really famous, but I have had some fun because of it. Last summer, Shannon had me make a quilted pillow for the fall issue.  She made the lace pumpkin, and I did the batik one. I was pretty excited to see it in the magazine, Then,  this winter they did a blue issue, and she wanted me to make some blue sewing room items. I made two needlebooks (one with her embroidery design), a log cabin pincushion, a round pincushion, and a custom ironing board cover.  I helped to write the article and had my own byline, and she even had the blue items at the Sew Beautiful table at the Martha Pullen School of Art Fashion last week.

Today, we did something to help out their sister publication, Just Cross Stitch.  The photographer, Jennifer Tarkington, came to my house and did a photo-shoot of about five pieces for an upcoming magazine. Each one used one of my quilts in the background, and Shannon pulled some of my things from around the house to stage each little vignette. Fun for me, fun for Shannon, and wait...I didn't think everything was about Ozzie...



But I was wrong. He was right in the middle of every shot.



Helping every minute.



After a morning of mischief...



Ozzie's ready for a quiet afternoon. Maybe I can sew.

6 comments:

  1. Well! How cool is that! I'll have to look for that issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us take over your house! We got some great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Shannon Miller, Jean Etheridge. Jean Etheridge said: New post on Patchwork and Pug: It's not all about Ozzie the Pug http://jeanetheridge.com/blog2/?p=171 [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Ozzie would just make everything look a little bit cuter! Those needle cases are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would have fun shooting the SHOOT. Funny how the dog just knows where to be when the camera comes out! Axel does the same thing and since we are so used to seeing them... we don't notice until much later.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] with a delicious dinner and then the crafting began.  If the quilts weren’t amazing enough, Jean has made some gorgeous needlebooks and had all the supplies there for us to make one for ourselves.  I fell in love with her elephant [...]

    ReplyDelete