Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July with Bridger and Taplin



Happy Fourth of July! I finished the red, white, and blue quilt just in time. I hope it fits the kitchen table, but I haven't tried yet.



Right now, I have little boy breakfast on the table. Blueberries for Taplin.



Bridger is trying out the new Car Quilt that I finished just this morning. I fell for the fabric panel when I saw it up in Franklin some months ago, but I didn't get it out to make until Wednesday. Hmmm. The boys got here Wednesday night. I just outlined all of the road and buildings with black thread. Quick and easy, but hopefully, hours of fun.



Yesterday's fun included making star sugar cookies with Baker Bridger.



We took the cookies to Aunt Shannon's and Uncle Nathan's house for a cook out and some pool time for the brothers. Is this not typical?



Ozzie is having a fun Fourth too! Lots of love and plenty to get into.  I wonder what adventures we will have today!

3 comments:

  1. That red, white and blue quilt was perfect for the 4th! And the car quilt looks like it could provide hours of fun. I love the header on your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that quilt is fabulous! especially as a table cloth!
    I've never used a quilt as a table cloth (I've wanted to many times!) I'm terrified to get it dirty!
    how did your quilt fare through the meal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problems using it as a table cloth. I just wash them gently after using them. I have had ketchup and other spots on different quilts that have washed right out. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete