Monday, July 8, 2013

Back to Blogging

I am going to try to get back to blogging. I started out on Blogger, moved to WordPress, and kept up with a blog for several years. Then last year, I got bogged down with who knows what - stress with many changes at school (including a one-to-one digital initiative), and I just didn't keep up with it. However, I think that I miss keeping something akin to a journal, especially posting about my quilting and handwork.

I have lots of projects that I've completed over the last year, but I will just start with my most recent quilt. It is about 60" square and was made using a kaleidoscope ruler. Since it is July and since Allen is partial to red, white, and blue, this one is pretty patriotic, and it is on my table for the Fourth of July. I machine quilted it on my Bernina 750QE - yup, it's new! More on that in another post. I am slowly, and I do mean slowly, improving at free-motion quilting.

This is our very jealous Ozzie and our youngest grandson, Ryland. He is not quite 14 months old. He stands and takes some hesitant steps by himself. We kept him overnight last night so his mom and dad could have an evening alone to celebrate their sixth anniversary. Oh, and thanks to Shannon for helping with my blog - again!


2 comments: