Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New Bernina!

I am playing around figuring out how to add pics to Blogger, thus the second post in one day. I wanted to show a bit of my sewing space. Sure, I would love a giant room -- I would certainly add in a couch or comfy chair for anyone visiting me when I am sewing, but I love my room because it is all my space. I can make a mess or clean it up, and it will be the same when I get back to it later. I don't have to clean it up for dinner or for company, and I can have multiple projects underway. I recovered my ironing board this summer, and I added a pincushion and little trash can, plus an over-sized spool to keep my scissors from getting lost. Silly stuff!
The big deal, however, is that I have a new Bernina 750QE. She is big! The best parts are the increased size between the needle and the arm, the bright, bright LED lights, the hover system for the foot, the built in dual feed system, and the interface with the stitches - all digital. Oh, and it has this giant bobbin that holds twice as much, which means less interruptions sewing. I have been following a forum about this machine, and apparently some people have had trouble with the quality of the stitches. I have not had a problem, thank goodness. I have lots to learn, and I guess I will go to the shop for the lessons, but it has been a pretty easy transition from my 440QE. I did not get the embroidery module, as that is just not my interest. It does have 9mm stitch width, up from the normal 5, and lots of decorative stitches. I haven't played much yet, but I have done a good bit of patchwork and free-motion quilting. I am really excited to have time to sew this summer!

I'll post more about my sewing room soon - as well as some other home renovation projects.


10 comments:

  1. Wow really getting back to the Blog with a vengeance!!! I'm impressed a new machine... I remember when you got the 440!!! Me I am still using the same one... The best thing about having your own space:

    IS NEVER HAVING TO CLEAN IT UP FOR ANYONE BUT YOURSELF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome machine, just perfect for your quilting addiction ;) I recently turned our guest room into my sewing room and it's the happiest sewing event of my life ... well, except for sewing, of course!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my 750QE! I just got mine in May and have not had a chance to play with it too much. But so far, she's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enJOY! It's a beautiful machine. {i teach on it at bernina mastery classes} adn there is lots to love {and learn!} what a fun time you will have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will love it and enjoy the room all to your self!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got my 750QE as well and just had my first "get to know my machine" lesson last Friday. She's a little bit intimidating but I'm sure looking forward to getting to know her better. All I need to do now is set aside some quality time and practice, practice, practice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all I would like to know how the straight stitches are on your machines, any problem with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had any straight stitch problems. Like I said, I haven't played with the decorative stitches much.

      Delete
  8. Looks wonderful.... congrats on the new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for my Mastery class tomorrow for my new 750QE!!

    ReplyDelete