Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tub and turtle

Wet little pug! Louie had a horrible, no good, very bad day for a puppy. Friday, he started chewing on his paw, and we noticed a couple of sore spots under his armpits. (Do dogs even have armpits? Front leg-pits?) In any case, we took him to the vet Saturday who tentatively diagnosed ringworm. Yikes!! If that is what it is, he probably got it outside from loose cats, the vet said. No more nosing the cats down at the corner, Louie. He has special shampoo, topical medicine, and antibiotics. This was his first ever bath. Funny thing, he doesn't smell like a dog today. He isn't chewing today, and the spots seem better. Not gone, but better. I can't figure out how I'll put the medicine on without Allen. Shannon says she'll come help with a bath one night this week. Good thing we love you, little Lou.
After the vet visit, Allen and I headed to Franklin, Tennessee to the Stitcher's Garden on Main Street so I could get fabric for a quilt for Baby Everette. After all, he is due to make his appearance around April 20. I had better get going! These are the batiks. I love the turtle fabric. It looks a little more blue to me than purple in person. Stitcher's Garden is an unusual quilters' shop, packed to the ceiling with bolts and bolts of fabric. I could spend hours poring over the huge variety because, although the selection is awesome, organization and elbow room are nonexistent. It's probably a good thing it is an eighty mile trip. Taplin's turtle quilt will get under way this afternoon. What fun for Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment