Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Little pouches, big pug

The other day, Shannon posted on her blog about making some pouches for her electronics.  What a good idea! I carry my camera and ipod in my purse pretty often, and while I don't want to lug around bulky store-bought leather cases, I also don't want to scratch up what I paid good money for either. My first try for the camera was so-so, the problem being that it was a bit too small for the camera. Solution? Use it to house my Garmin.

We don't leave it in the car baking in the sun, so what a perfect solution.



Try number two fit the ipod and earphones. Did you know how many quilt related podcasts are out there? I especially get a kick out of Pat Sloan's radio program. The third try fits the camera.



Third time's a charm.  The camera fits perfectly. Mission accomplished. All three of then are made out of batik with two layers of batting inside. I popped on the walking foot and quilted them, mostly with 1/4"  spacing between straight lines.



Ozzie is just worn out from the excitement. Not the excitement of simple little sewing projects. I had to take him to the vet to get his bordetella vaccination, or nose spray. He had to suffer the indignity of having his temperature taken AND the humiliation of having his nails clipped. Plus, he had to listen to us discuss his weight. He is 25.1 pounds  and eight months old. He's still on puppy chow, but that's about to change. I wouldn't say he is fat, but he could get that way pretty easily. I sure do like the Banfield "insurance" that we use. Today's visit? $11.00.

3 comments:

  1. Love your electronics pouches - the best I've seen! I need to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that yours turned out WAY better than mine! You need to show me how you did yours so I can copy you and improve on my amateur pouches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pouches, esp. the second one. I love the quilting on it. Do you listen to the Mirkwood Designs quilt podcast? It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete