Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Projects



I've been upstairs working on this quilt, trying to finish before the grandsons visit and before the Fourth of July. I'm wondering if it is too big for the kitchen table, but in any case, I want to forge ahead and finish it.



Ozzie is helping me quilt my Red, White, and Blue.  He looks sweet, but how am I supposed to move the quilt around with 25 pounds 'o pug planted permanently?



I have the machine quilting finished and the binding ready for hand sewing. An evening (or two) of hand sewing and watching TV, and it will be on the table.

Wish it was so simple to get the refrigerator fixed. It's a Kenmore, less than three years old, and the freezer isn't nearly as cold as it should be. We tried Sears repair, and they gave us a date ten days out. We tried a local repair guy, and he came right away, but he said it is a leak in the coolant, which is indeed covered under warranty. Therefore, only a Sears repairman can fix it. I called again, and this time, he is supposed to come tomorrow. Fingers are crossed.



This is my Colorado travel project. I appliqued all of the pieces and the borders are on. I even have the backing prepared and the batting cut to size.  Having a handwork project when I'm in a hotel for a couple of weeks makes all the difference. This project comes from The Quilt Show but I also saw the book in one of the Denver area shops and bought it.

Next project? Grandsons for ten days.

3 comments:

  1. That applique looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see the whole thing. I hope you are enjoying a break from teaching and that you have a wonderful 4th and time with your grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilts! I really like the "Colorado Project" and would love to see the finished work. We are at Steve's parents and just got back from poking around in some antique/junk shops. At 2 separate places I saw old or antique quilts mounted on old windows. One didn't have backing and was hung at an angle near a window so you could see through it. I thought it looked really neat, but it probably wouldn't be so good for the fabric. We took pictures of the other ones so I can send them to you if my description isn't so good (or if you just want to see them).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see them. I am not finished with the Colorado project yet. We have both the grandsons with us for ten days while Meghan and Justin are in Hawaii, so I am making progress on my own things, but slowly. We're having fun with the boys!

    ReplyDelete