Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One project (or more) at a time



I read one book at a time. I know people who have half a dozen books read half-way, but when I read a book, I read it straight through. When I finish, I feel a bit of a panic until I have another one started. I also do not have a ton of UFOs (unfinished projects) stacked up and forgotten. I have two right now, one that I'm really happy with but I am waiting for the finishing backing fabric from an order I placed online months ago, and the other, a little quilt I started last summer that won't take long to finish, but I ran out of thread -- and it has a Christmas kind of look to it. Not inspiring  except when Christmas looms.

All of  that said, I started two new projects this week even though I have a different project underway. This one is applique. I sewed the first piece on, a long-ish process, and discovered it was upside down. Oh well. Start again.



Then there is this black and yellow project. I saw an idea online - make one nine-patch a day each day this summer, and end up with a good size quilt. I won't be home every day this summer, and I'm already behind, but I thought I'd use up some old fabric and start a nine patch yellow and black quilt. I made six blocks. Hmmm. We'll see. Might be fun. Might not look like what I thought it would. These blocks finish 6 inches square. I auditioned some mostly white (and black) fabric for sashing, and I liked that.



Ozzie does not contemplate things in the same way, but he will always take a new chew bone over an old one. He has toys and chews everywhere, but new always wins. And they taste ever so much better when someone holds them for him. Guess what? Nail trim tomorrow. Sorry, Oz.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean, just added your blog to mine as favorite, love the stories and the quilts you make. Just like you I love to decorate the house with quilts. Your dog is too cute!

    ReplyDelete