Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday Fun

What to do on a free Saturday...Hmmm...Allen and I decided to take a drive to Decatur to see a quilt shop I haven't been to yet. We took a side trip to Swan Creek so I could see where he goes to target shoot. It's a pretty area in the Wildlife Management Area. We waited for this train at a crossing, so I took the picture through the car window. Then as we drove back into Decatur, we saw the crossing the Norfolk Southern Tennessee River Bridge. A barge was waiting for the train to cross so the bridge could open. It was a busy day on the river for lots of private boaters and fishermen.
We quickly found the Quilter's Refuge, a nicely organized shop where I had no trouble finding some treasure. I have no doubt that I will visit again. I have started cutting out Shannon and Nathan's quilt, and I discovered that a few more reds wouldn't hurt. Besides, I can always add to my stash. Allen is very understanding about the addictive nature of a hobby.
Back in Huntsville, we stopped at the Farmer's Market. We bought veggies for the week and plants for the deck. The trick for me is to buy enough but not too much. I planted a few planters and hung up three ferns. Louie hasn't ever spent any time on the deck (yes, we have to wash the deck floor) but he is going to enjoy it outside this summer. He can't be left alone with the plants, though, because he wants to eat the dirt. Silly boy.

Oooh! New grill! Dinner will be ready soon. The first meal will be hamburgers. Simple but wonderful. Did I say how silly Louie was? He followed Allen outside and then ran to come in. Unfortunately for Louie, the back house door was open but the storm door wasn't. He ran headlong into the glass. He'll have to learn the ins and outs of the deck, won't he!

No comments:

Post a Comment